Guide to Configure WAN Settings on Dlink router (Adsl, broadband, fiber optic)
This guide will walk you through the multiple steps for WAN configuration on D-Link router or modem. With multiple steps, we mean to say multiple methods through which you can configure the WAN on your D-Link wifi router using http://dlinkrouter.local or http://mydlink.com. The configuration and setup becomes easy with the help of the default gateway address dlinkrouter.local.
The default web address http://dlinkrouter.local needs to be entered into the address bar of the internet browser. Once it is entered, it will takes you to the dlinkrouter.local login page.
Let’s get started with the D-Link router WAN configuration and mydlink setup.
Dlink Router WAN Configuration Settings On Multiple Mode
- Fiber Optic
These are the three main steps through which you can take on the WAN configuration process. Let’s discuss all of these methods for configuring WAN settings on D-Link routers.
Pre-setup Guide To Configure D-link router
- If your router comes detached with antennas, you first need to attach the antennas to your D’link router.
- Attach the power adapter to the D-link router and plug it into the power socket.
- Connect the D-link wifi router to the DSL modem using the Ethernet cable, in case D-link device supports only wireless router features.
- Connect your computer or laptop to the D-link wifi router network using an Ethernet cable or wireless connection.
Follow more to configure D-link router step-by-step.
For ADSL connection – D-Link WiFi Setup & Configure
Before we start with the steps for ADSL connection, you need to learn a little bit about the ADSL connection. In the ADSL connection, the digital data is transmitted over the existing telephone lines at a high bandwidth to homes and offices.
- First of all, go to your computer or keep a smartphone handy.
- Now, launch a web browser on your computer or smartphone and type the default IP address 192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.0.1. Make sure you type the default IP address into the address bar of the browser, not into the search bar.
- The default IP address 192.168.0.1 will take you to the mydlink.com login page.
- The dlinkrouter.local login page will prompt you to enter the username and password of your D-link wifi router.
- Type ‘admin’ in both the fields and click Login in order to get inside the device.
- Look for the ‘Advanced Setup’ and click it.
- Now, select ‘Layer 2 Interface’ and then click on ‘ATM interface’.
- Click on ‘Add’ and under the ‘ATM PVC Configuration’ set the following.
VPI & VCI
- DSL link type = Select EOA for PPPoA. If you do not know about the PPPoE and PPPoA, contact your internet service provider.
- Now, click Apply in order to make your device save the settings.
- Now go to ‘Advanced setup’ and then go to the ‘WAN service’. Type the username and password and then click Next.
- Click Apply to enable your router to save the settings.
For Fiber Optic connection – D-link router setup using dlinkrouter.local
Let us first understand some things about the fiber optic connection. The fiber optic connection transmits data using fiber optic cables. The fiber cable is made up of a thin glass wire which is covered by a larger protective cable.
- Pull up a default web browser on your computer or laptop and enter the default web address http://dlinkrouter.local.
- You will see the D-link router login page where you need to enter the username and password of your device.
- To install D-link router local without any hassle, you would require to log into the Dlink wifi router.
- Now, click on the ‘Advanced Setup’ and then go to the ‘Layer 2 Interface’. Go to the ‘ETH Interface’ and click Add.
- On the ETH WAN configuration page, select the default mode.
- Now, go to the ‘Advanced Setup’ and then go to the ‘WAN service’. On the ‘WAN Configuration’ page, choose the PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet) and then enter the PPPoE username and password. These details are given to you by your service provider.
- Under routing, select default gateway and click Next. Follow the on-screen instructions and click Apply to save the settings.
For Broadband connection – Setup & Configure mydlink.com Router Easily
The broadband connection transmits data over a telephone line from a host device to the users. The broadband connection can be even delivered using the fiber optic cables.
- To install D-link router local, you need to log into the device using dlinkrouter.local default address. Note: You can even use the default IP address 192.168.1.1 to log into the device.
- Login the device using ‘admin’ as the default credentials for both username and password.
- Go to the Advanced Setup > Layer 2 Interface > ETH interface.
- Now, click Add and then go to the ETH WAN configuration page.
- Now, go to the ‘WAN Service Configuration’ and select ‘IP over Ethernet’.
- Under ‘Network Address Translation’ click ‘Enable NAT’ and choose ‘Default Gateway’ under DNS Server Configuration.
At the end, click Apply to save the settings on your device easily.
Also, refer guide if looking for instructional steps to Setup D-link Router manually.
D-link Router Setup To Mobile (Android and iOS Device)
For Android Devices
To configure mydlink router using a mobile, launch Google Chrome browser for the better performance and compatibility.
- Log into the device using dlinkrouter.local and go to the Advanced Setup.
- Detect the internet connection type and proceed with the wireless settings.
- After configure dlinkrouter.local router wireless settings, follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
- After you have done setting up dlinkrouter.local on your Android phone, click Apply to save the settings.
For iOS devices
- To install D-link router local using your iOS device, pull up the Apple Safari web browser.
- Sign into the D-link wifi router using the IP 192.168.1.1 or dlinkrouter.local.
- Enter ‘admin’ as the default credential in both username and password.
- Guide: If default Dlink credentials are not working, read D-link username password error.
- Start with the D-link router setup wizard and let the device detect the internet connection type.
- Now, you will be asked to assign the SSID and Network Key to your wireless network.
- Follow the instructions, and configure mydlink router successfully.
- Make sure you save the settings in the end.
How To Connect D-link Router To PC or laptop (Windows or Mac Device) For Configuration
To learn how to connect D-link router to PC for Windows users, follow the steps and setup and configure dlinkrouter.local to your Windows PC.
- Click on the Network icon in the task bar.
- Let the device search for all the active wifi networks.
- Choose WiFi network and enter the password in order to connect to it.
- Wait for 5 seconds and your Windows PC will be connected to the D-link wifi network.
To connect, setup and configure Dlink router to Mac ,
- click on the Menu Bar and turn on the WiFi of your Mac PC.
- Let the device search for active wifi networks.
- Locate your wifi network and attempt to connect to it.
- If prompted, enter the password of your wifi network and your Mac PC will be connected to the wifi network.
So these were some of the important instructions to configure D-link router on ADSL, broadband, and fiber optic connection. You can take up the whole process with the help of dlinkrouter.local default web address. If you need more help or want advanced technical help for your device, feel free to contact us.