Setup Dlink router either new or old D-link WiF router. To set up mydlink router to your devices either manually or using dlinkoruter.local. Follow this guide. For Dlink router setup, users need to visit the web management page by using the dlinkrouter.local or mydlink.com web address.
D-Link router not only delivers the smooth streaming with its benevolent coverage frequency but it secures your home network from the virus and malware attacks.
Get complete details on how to configure or setup the d-link router through this guide.
Setup Dlink Router via dlinkrouter.local or mydlink.com Login Page
Dlinkrouter.local is default domain provided by the D-Link that helps the users to configure, install, monitor, manage, and settings their dlink router.
To configure the settings, you are supposed to access dlink router login page using this web address. You can even use the default IP address 192.168.0.1 to access D-link router local page setup.
How To Install A D-link Router Setup?
Setting up and installing dlink router is quite an easy task. It comes with a setup wizard that walks you through the configuration part. Users can open up any browser and navigate to 192.168.0.1 router setup for further configuration and setup Dlink router to your computer system.
Requirements- Before Setting Up Dlink Wireless Router
There are some prerequisites that you need before you can attempt dlink wireless router setup. Go through them:
- Ethernet cables
- Power adapter
- Internet connection
- Broadband modem
- Dlink router
- Computer/ laptop/ Smartphone/ Tablet
Steps to Connect Or Configure Dlink Router Manually
If you are trying to connect dlink router to internet for the first time, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Remove all the connections on your modem and router.
- Now, get yourself an Ethernet cable and connect its one end into the WAN port of the dlink router.
- Now, connect the other end into your modem.
- Connect the power adapter to D-link router and plug it into a power source.
- Use the second Ethernet cable and connect the LAN port of the mydlink.com router to the computer.
- Power on the D’link router, computer and modem.
How to access Dlink router local page setup wizard?
To configure the d-link wifi router, you are required to make the above mentioned physical connection. Once you connect the d-link router to the internet, you can go to the 192.168.0.1 router setup page. Or check there is no blinking red light on Dlink router. Fix that issue first before going further.
Here’s how to do it:
Setup Dlink Router manually via dlinkrouter.local or mydlink.com Dlink router local login setup
Steps to Setup Dlink Router using dlinkrouter.local or 192.168.0.1
- Get on to the desired web browser.
- Type http://dlinkrouter.local or 192.168.0.1 ip address into the address bar.
- Also can try mydlink.com to access local admin page of Dlink wireless modem.
- It will navigate you to the dlink router login page. Here, you need to provide the dlink router default username and password.
- Click ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard.
- When the Dlink router local page setup wizard appears, it will walk you through the step by step process to configure and install the dlink router.
- If you have configured the router before, you will have to perform a factory data reset.
- Next, you need to follow some steps to install and configure dlink router after reset.
Remember: If facing trouble in accessing Dlink router default admin page, then you need to read this guide to fix dlinkrouter.local not working error.
Steps To Setup Dlink Wireless Router Manually
- The router will scan for the internet connection type. You can select your internet connection manually, if you want.
- Now, you will see wireless settings. To configure dlink router wireless settings, you need to put up a new wifi network name and password in the respective fields. Click ‘Next’
- Now, the setup wizard will ask you to change the login password of your dlink modem.
- You can input the required login password in the required field.
- A summary of your router settings will be displayed.
- Click ‘Save’ to save the settings.
- The D-link router will now reboot in order to apply the changes.
This concludes d-link WiFi router setup using dlinkrouter.local web address. You may now start using your d-link wireless network connection. In future, if you want to Configure D-link Wifi Router, you can sign into dlink setup wizard and make the required changes.
What To Do To Setup Dlink Router Local Admin Password?
The only solution is to reset dlink router to factory default settings. Use a sharp-headed pin to press the reset button. The blinking of router’s light will indicate that the reset process is done. Now you can setup dlink router after reset using dlinkrouter.local and choose a new password of your choice.
Note: If getting dlink router default credentials not working do consider this guide, Dlink router username password error.
D’link Router Setup On Mobile
Dlink router setup on mobile is very easy yet simple. All you have to do is, follow the instructions that are put down for you;
Set Up D-link Router/Modem On Android Or iOS Mobiles
- Open Google Chrome on your mobile. Or any compatible web browser of your choice.
Note: It is important to have a smartphone in order to perform Dlink router setup on mobile.
- Now at the top, you will see an address bar where you have to type the default web address dlinkrouter.local or dlink 192.168.0.1 default IP.
- The address will take you to the dlink router local login page which will prompt you to enter the username and password.
- Click Login after you enter the details and then you will see the dlinkrouter.local setup page.
- Start with the Dlink router setup wizard and follow the instructions to detect the internet connection type on your router.
- Proceed with the wireless network configurations. Assign your wifi network an SSID and Network Key (WPS/WPA).
- Click Save or Apply in order to make the Dlink router apply the changes.
Note: Either you have Android or iOS mobile. Steps will remain same.
How To Connect D-link Router To Desktop PC Or Laptop?
To learn how to connect D-link router to personal computer, it is important for you to learn the password of your wifi network. Your password should be encrypted using WPA/WPS network key format.
Setup Dlink Router On Windows Or Mac Computers
Here are the instructions to learn how to connect and WAN configure D-link router to desktop PC or your laptop.
- Power On your D-link WiFi router and your computer.
- Go to the wireless button located in the task bar of your PC’s desktop.
- Let your PC search for all the active wireless networks around it.
- Locate your home WiFi network and attempt to connect to it.
- If you are prompted to enter the Security Key, enter your wifi’s password (Network Key).
- Click Next and then click Connect.
- Your Dlink router will be connected to your PC.
If you need more details on setting up Dlink WiFi router or setup Dlink router, you can reach out to dlinkrouter.local technical team and ask for their help. Simply, call on their 24/7 accessible number or do a live interaction with them.