Dlink router firmware update failed? Or D-link router firmware update not working or takes too long to complete. Does your d-link router firmware upgrade gets stuck? If your automatic dlink router firmware update goes wrong or dlinkrouter.local manual D’link router firmware upgrade via mydlink.com then don’t worry as your issue can get resolved through this guide.
Dlink router firmware update is an embedded software that controls administrative features and security features. D’link router firmware update check error fixes the bugs that are found in the existing firmware.
So, it is very important to update D’link router firmware on a regular basis. Outdated firmware can result in a slow response, signaling issue, system crash and hardware failure.
Dlink Router Firmware Update Not Working – Troubleshoot
Many users can’t upgrade router firmware by themselves. Updating a dlink router firmware is not difficult but sometimes dlink router firmware goes wrong due to many factors.
Let’s go through the factors that might result in dlink firmware update error.
What To Do When A Dlink Firmware Takes A Long To Update?
Fix D-link Router Firmware Update Not Working Issue
If your dlink firmware upgrade keeps failing there could be many reasons behind it. Once you know the possible reason, you will easily be able to resolve dlink router firmware update stuck error.
Know Reasons- To Resolve D’link Firmware Update Failed Error
- First of all, you need to make sure that your dlink router is properly connected to the modem. Ensure there is no cable connection fault.
- Ensure that the power supply applied to your router is accurate.
- Try to clear the cache memory of your web browser and try again.
- Make sure you disable firewall security and anti-virus software installed on your computer.
- Power cycle your router.
- You must sign in to dlinkrouter.local web page to update your router firmware. Use the default ip address to get into dlink router login page if the web address is giving you a hard time.
- Sometimes, your dlink router firmware upgrade keeps failing due to wifi connection. In such a situation, you can connect your computer to router using an Ethernet cable.
Can’t Upgrade D’link Router Firmware
Contact Dlink Login Experts For Solution
Manually Fix D’Link Firmware Updating Issue via dlinkrouter.local or mydlink.com
If you still can’t upgrade mydlink router firmware after trying the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips then the only option left is to reset your device.
Note: Refer guide if Dlink router login page not connecting or dlinkrouter.local not working error.
Reset Dlink Router To Fix Dlink Router Firmware Update Stuck
Resetting your device will help you when your dlink router firmware update not working. Here’s how to do it:
- Find and locate the tiny ‘Reset’ button on your device.
- With the help of a pointed object such as a pin or paper clip, press the tiny button.
- The power LED of your dlink router will start to flash or blink after a few seconds.
- Seeing blinking red LED on Dlink, refer guide to resolve red light on Dlink router issue.
- Release the button after a few seconds.
- Wait for your router to finish booting up.
- Finally, you can sign in to your dlink router login page and update the firmware.
How To Avoid Dlink Router Firmware Upgrade Error?
In case your ‘dlink firmware upgrade keeps failing’ or your ‘dlink firmware takes long to update’ then you can try these simple steps.
Dlink router Firmware Does Not Upgrade Automatically?
Talk to mydlink.com Dlink WiFi Support For Technical Support
Steps To Fix Dlink Firmware Upgrade via dlinkrouter.local Login
The below given steps will help you with dlink router firmware using dlinkrouter.local login page.
- You need to visit D’link router support website.
- Open either mydlink.com to access admin page of Dlink local login.
- Onto the search box, type the model number of your router and click ‘Ok’
- Download the firmware file and save it on a location where you can find it easily.
- Now, you need to log into your dlink router. Go to dlinkrouter.local login page.
- Provide the dlink router login username and password. Select ‘Login’ option.
Read: If D’link login credential not working or dlink router login failed, refer guide Dlink Router Default Username Password Error
- Click on the ‘Tools’ option and then click on ‘Firmware’ on the left-hand side.
- Then, Mark check on the ‘Browse’ option.
- Locate and select the downloaded file.
- Click on the ‘Upload’ button to begin the upgrade process.
- It may take 2-3 minutes for the dlink router firmware upgrade to complete.
- Follow on-screen prompts.
- The firmware should now be upgraded.
- Finally, you can reboot your networking device.
By following these easy and simple steps, you can avoid ‘dlink router firmware update not working’ issue. Once your dlink router firmware is upgraded, you can enjoy improved security and better performance of your device.
D’link Router Not Working After Firmware Update?
Is your router not working after updating its firmware? It happens sometimes when you uploaded the corrupted dlinkrouter.local firmware and the device stops working or shows some errors.
Here is how you can downgrade the firmware and get back to the previous version of firmware on your Dlink router.
- To downgrade the firmware on your Dlink router, you need to reset the Dlink WiFi router.
- Locate the reset button on your Dlink router.
- Usually it is at the side or the back side of the myDlink router.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds until the device goes back to the factory default settings.
- Once all the lights on the device are stable, you may need to reconfigure your device.
- After reconfiguring the device, check whether the internet is active on the device or not.
- If you are able to access the internet using the wireless network, it means you have successfully downgraded the firmware on your Dlink wireless router.
You can get professional help by calling our technicians on their toll-free number. Or, you can chat live with our team and get your dlink router firmware update error resolved within a few minutes.
This post was all about the Dlink firmware update failed error and its troubleshooting instructions. We discussed how to upgrade and downgrade the firmware on your Dlink router. We hope this post helped you to learn how to troubleshoot the Dlink firmware update failed error and upgrade its firmware.
If you come across similar issues or you are unable to update the firmware of your device, call us on our http://dlinkrouter.local 24/7 toll-free number and our Dlink experts will help you to walk through the fix.